After many years managing operations I decided in 2015 to venture out on my own. I am passionate about helping startups, small businesses, and nonprofits make smarter decisions from the get-go. Wiser choices upfront establishes the best ground for long-term success and maximizes return on investment. Let's get it done right, the first time.
Get in touch
I know that finding reliable, trustworthy support for your project can be daunting. That's why I offer free initial consultations to make sure that I can provide the kind of support you need to succeed.
Gail McCall Résumé
- Developed annual operations and capital expense budgets of up to $1.5 million and consistently met or came in under approved budgets. Managed fixed asset reporting.
- Established and strengthened operational policies and procedures to enhance operational effectiveness across multiple work units
- Hired, trained, supervised, mentored and directed operations staff including customer service, warehouse, and office & facilities managers
- Managed over $1 million in product inventory across multiple warehouses, including demand planning, purchasing (print buying), variance analyses, reporting, physical counts reconciliation, and purging of excess/obsolete stock
- Using data visualization best practices, developed various financial reports for company presentation
- As member of Executive Council, participated in strategic decision-making, financial review, and company-wide policies
- Collaborated with contractors, vendors, architects, key stakeholders and staff to oversee capital projects, including acquisition and renovation of additional office space and expansion/renovation of existing facilities
- Supervised critical technology and infrastructure upgrades, including installation of new server room, cabling, wireless bridge, network, and new telecommunications equipment and services
- Purchased furniture, fixtures, and equipment, including new bookstore displays, offices, conference room and break room
- Conducted workflow and space planning analysis to support additional departments and relocation of existing staff and managed office moves.
- Directed warehouse closures and managed inventory consolidation into new fulfillment center while maintaining inventory levels, supply chain, and fulfillment center relationships
- Planned and executed major company events
Systems Administration & Information Systems
- Negotiated and oversaw IT support contracts, including annual budget and planned upgrades or expansions. Collaborated with or directed technicians on network and desktop user support and developed security policies and procedures. Monitored server disc space, organized, archived or deleted obsolete files, worked with users to manage file storage options
- ERP/CRM and Windows server system administration – user account administration, security, permissions, troubleshooting, nightly posting, and coordination with vendor to resolve issues. Performed system maintenance tasks and periodic software upgrades
- Trained and supported end-users on ERP modules, network file organization, email, and various applications
- Evaluated, purchased, installed, supported and managed for business application assets, including industry-specific ERP, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office, MS Windows, MAC, as well as mobile device applications
- Purchased and/or upgraded hardware and operating systems – desktop computers, peripherals, phone systems, mobile devices
- Grant writing for nonprofit organization whose mission is ending sexual assault and human trafficking of children and adults
- Content writing and editing for websites
- Marketing copy writing for high-end test equipment rental and asset management company
- Technical writing projects including user documentation for construction professional software product
- Personal blog page